Williamsburg Area Faith in Action (WFIA) is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to work part-time, 25-30 hours per week. Our mission is to help seniors and adults with a chronic illness or physical disability remain independent in their homes. WFIA is a strong social network matching people willing to help with those who need it. Services include transportation, grocery shopping, visiting, respite for caregivers, household chores and yard work.
We are looking for someone who is highly-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented, with excellent written and oral communication skills. This individual will be a great team player and have a genuine enthusiasm for the mission of our organization.
The Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to build strategic relationships and recruit and retain volunteers for all WFIA programs. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for implementing and managing a sustainable volunteer recruitment plan. This person will be responsible for recruiting, training, managing and recognizing volunteers in order to maintain a substantial volunteer base to meet the need.
• Establish an annual volunteer recruitment plan to increase the number of volunteers.
• Manage volunteer database and maintain accurate records of volunteer activities.
• Develop recruitment materials and copy for social media posts, webpages, volunteer listings, etc.
• Attend and represent WFIA at community outreach events for volunteer recruitment.
• Organize and facilitate volunteer information sessions and trainings.
• Build partnerships with community groups, businesses and organizations to reach out to potential volunteers and clients.
• Evaluate volunteer satisfaction.
• Plan volunteer recognition and appreciation events.
• Coordinate outreach events.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills
• Must have pleasant, friendly, and professional manner
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills and positive communication style
• Ability to function both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs and managing social media
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or the equivalent in education and experience.
• At least two years’ experience in volunteer recruitment and management and organizing, social work, program development, or related field in the public and/or nonprofit sector.
• As with all WFIA employees, the candidate must meet the background-screening requirements of the agency.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Benefits consists of paid time off including ten holidays.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’, along with the completed application to Ashleigh Washington via email: email@example.com or by mail: WFIA 354 McLaws Cir, Ste 2 Williamsburg, VA 23185 by June 9, 2017.